On 17 May 2013, at 13:40, Alessandro Pignotti wrote:

> Wine does not seem to even try to load DLLs at their preferred address.
> Still,
> I'm not sure this is actually bad and I think Win8 forces randomization of
> the
> layout anyway,

Afaik an application can tell the OS that it should not apply ASLR to certain
DLLs.

My colleague also looked further into it and didn't find any trace of a
post-processing tool. However, the dll was compiled with one of the first mingw
releases (gcc 2.8 or 2.95), and the problem may simply have been caused by a
buggy linker.

Jonas