Hi,

>We have encountered two problems with winpcap:
>1. Using version 3.0 we have found that the non-paged pool is gradually
depleted. The symptoms are that the non-paged pool gradually grows to around
80 MB at which point users are
> unable to logon and applications begin failing. Through trial and error we
have found that stop/start of the Snort service drops the non-paged pool
back down to around 14MB. This gradually
>grows again until the pool is depleted.
>
>Our workaround for this is to have our network monitor software check the
non-paged pool and when it hits around 60MB it issues a stop/start for Snort
and the cycle restarts.

Can you try another WinPcap-based application (like WinDump or Ethereal) and
see if the problem persists? You are the first user to report this issue,
and I doubt that such a macroscopic problem could have been unnoticed before

> 2. We currently continue to use version 3.0 due to a problem with version
3.1 beta 4. After removing version 3.0 and rebooting we installed 3.2 beta
4. After another reboot an attempted start
> of Snort results in an error message that it cannot locate an entry point
in the DLL.
> I'm curious if anyone else has seen these two problems.

What entry point is missing precisely?

Loris