On 2018-06-07 10:21, Roman Mamedov wrote:
On Thu, 07 Jun 2018 09:40:08 +0200
Riccardo Berto <ricca...@rcrdbrt.com> wrote:

Just want to report that I can't add a wg interface of type wireguard
with linux 4.17.0 on aarch64 (Raspberry Pi 3).

Error message: `RTNETLINK answers: Operation not supported`.

I'm using ArchLinuxARM. Downgrading to 4.16.x makes the issue dissapear.
This is not high-priority so please Jason, if you're reading this
message, move this issue further down in your debugging queue as I
believe almost nobody is using 4.17.0 on aarch64 right now. Maybe
they'll fix the error by themselves in the coming 4.17.x releases.

Did you actually compile the wireguard kernel module? Or rely on mysterious
"them" to do so?

I compiled it through a dkms hook of pacman, the ArchLinuxARM pkg manager. It runs everytime there is a new kernel installation, being it an upgrade or a downgrade.

Those mysterious and shady "them" are the mainline patch submitters LOL