On 09/12/2021 10:47, Mehdi Haghgoo wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to add  a wireguard device on CentOS Stream (was Linux just
converted to Stream).
When I enter "ip link add wg0 type wireguard" or try it using wg-quick wg0 up,
I get the following error:

RTNETLINK answers: Operation not supported

I have wireguard-tools and kmod-wireguard installed.
Additional information:

uname -r: 4.18.0-147.8.1.el8_1.x86_64

wg --version: wireguard-tools v1.0.20210914 -
https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-tools/

kmod-wireguard version: 1.0.20211208

Best regards,
Mehdi

Is the wireguard module loaded? I doubt it.

You are running a *very* old kernel, and I suspect the version of kmod-wireguard you are running does not support that kernel. Why are you running a kernel that is two years out of date and full of unpatched security holes? Updating your system is probably the first step to fixing your issue.