From: Matt Ashfield (UNB) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 9:53 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Question about fluctuating transmit rates

Hi,

We have experienced the transfer rate fluctuation using Lucent and IBM
cards
in the AP-2 (I too am confused what vendor name to use!). One thing I
have
just done is enabled the storm threshold (using their default value) and
this seems to have solved the problem, mind you I'm still waiting for
all
the test results. But when the transfer rate was fluctuating down to
1mbs,
we saw non-unicast packets also shooting up, and a constant ping that we
had
running started dropping packets.  Enabling the storm threshold  in the
AP-2
seemed to prevent this from happening. Has anyone else had success using
this storm threshold? Or should I have had that turned on from the
beginning
(quite likely).

Cheers

Matt Ashfield