Yeah, we are using it for central storage of MAC addresses.  It is
working for the original APs, but not for newer models.  Moving to
Bluesocket to get out of the MAC address authentication business.

Rich

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 2/19/2004 1:09:08 PM >>>
Is anyone out there using Microsoft Internet Authentication Service
(IAS) for RADIUS authentication with their wireless access points?
(We
use Cisco 802.11b/g radios...Aironet 340s, 350s, 1100s)

IAS is free and included with Microsoft Windows 2000 Server and we
have
needed to get into using RADIUS authentication with our wireless
implementation.  Using PEAP, EAP, etc.. and 802.1x is not out of the
question (at least long term) but I have many applications were MAC
authentication is the only recourse (wireless printers, bridges,
etc...).

Any advice (or help) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

D. Michael Martin, Jr.

Network Administrator

University of Montevallo