If it's broadcasted it's in the AP's beacon,
if it's not broadcasted, clients will send it to challenge the AP
(not just an XP thing, that's part of the standard)
The second case will require a user joining, a sniffer,
and patience!

here is a site that provides all flavors of sniffers:
http://www.personaltelco.net/index.cgi/WirelessSniffer

Philippe Hanset
University of Tennessee