We take a similar tact, but use the idea of tracking the IP address
reported by an internal campus web server to a specific location.
(Which we need to do for virus outbreaks anyway) Because we use VLAN's
it's a little tedious to search all networks for a similar mac address.

So we use a little server side script to report the IP address as its
seen by our web server (this gives you the external address even on NAT
enabled AP's.

The process is as follows:

1.  When we find the wireless signal that we can get internet connection
on visit the following web page:
http://www.evergreen.edu/netservices/clientinfo.asp (this page was
designed small enough to display easily on pocket pc or other handheld).

2.  Go to the internal router for the subnet or get on the same subnet
and arp the ip to obtain the mac address.  (there's problably more
graceful ways to do this, particularly if you're on the same subnet).

3.  Follow the switch tables to track the port to its physical location
on our LAN.

I find having the IP as reported by the web server, also lets me know
how worried to be about the rougue AP, since it tells me instantly if
its on a public network jack or a higher security network.  (again VLANs
make it harder to know).

David Metzler
The Evergreen State College