-----Original Message-----
From: 802.11 wireless issues listserv
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Paul Grieggs
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 9:18 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Wireless lan equipment for instruction

Our campus wireless policy reserves the 2.4GHz bands for our production
wireless network.  In situations where our professors want to teach about
wireless networks, we have been using 802.11a equipment to isolate the
wireless teaching labs.  With the dual-band chip sets, it is getting hard to
find 802.11a only equipment.  Most new equipment that supports 802.11a can
also do 802.11g.  Currently, we cannot find 802.11a only PCI cards.  We
expect we will not be able to find 802.11a only Access Points and PC Cards
in the near future.

Short of building RF shielded labs, how are others supporting instruction
about wireless networks without damaging production wireless networks?