We put a small piece of blue tape on the support of the ceiling tile. We
also have a visio drawing of where all the APs are located. Laurie Coles

-----Original Message-----
From: 802.11 wireless issues listserv
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Scott Ritter
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2005 9:20 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Looking for Inconspicuous AP Location Identifiers

Good morning to all!

I wanted to poll the people on this list about your creativity in
identifying AP locations to your wireless support staff.

We are looking for alternative ways to identify where APs are located above
drop ceilings.

Currently we have a small marker (about the size of a thumb tack) that we
attach to the tile below the AP - but it seems our markers are either
falling out or being removed. We do document the location of each AP on
campus, but it is very convenient to know which tile to place the ladder
under when it is time to either service or replace an AP.

I would be interested in hearing about anything thing you may be using that
is both inconspicuous and cost effective.

We are trying to standardize on a solution before our summer install begin.

Thanks