Really wasn't meant that way, honestly. Looking for the answers to the
questions, that's it.

Lee

>>> "John J. Brassil" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 4/28/2005
11:35:46 AM >>>
I don't want to appear to cynical, but the phrasing of Lee's question
looks
suspiciously like a marketing email disguised as a question.

I mean, "hundreds of Colleges and Universities are using and are happy
with
Bluesocket gateways?"  Please...

--On Thursday, April 28, 2005 10:25 AM -0400 Michael Dickson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> At UMass/Amherst, we shut off the dhcp server on Bluesocket. No NAT.
We
> allow the client to go through Bluesocket to get a "real" IP address
> from our campus dhcp servers.
>
> No NAT because of the problem with client identification.
>
> We are looking to add wireless coverage in the res halls. We would
most
> likely leverage Bluesocket there, if/when we do.
>
> Mike

> Michael Dickson                         Phone: 413-545-9639
> Network Analyst                         Fax:   413-545-3203
> University of Massachusetts     Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Network Systems and Services
>
> Lee Badman wrote:
>> Hello to the group.
>>
>> Knowing that hundreds of Colleges and Universities are using and
are
>> happy with Bluesocket gateways, I could use some input:
>>
>> - Past posts seem to indicate most users are letting Bluesocket
give
>> private IPs, because large numbers of wireless users could
>> challenge/exhaust public IP space. Agreed? (Sanity check)
>> - When using private spaces where the Bluesocket is NATing back to
>> reality, what strategies do you use to monitor potential problems on
the
>> private side (beyond the Bluesocket's stateful abilities to look at
some
>> stuff)?
>> - Any glaring problems anyone has found with deploying/using
Bluesocket
>> for student residential-specific wireless deployments?
>>
>> Thanks for your responses- and please, no vendors/sales calls from
this
>> post.
>>
>> Regards-
>>
>> Lee
>>
>> Lee H. Badman
>> Network Engineer
>> CWSP, CWNA (CWNP011288)
>> Computing and Media Services (NSS)
>> 250 Machinery Hall
>> Syracuse University
>> Syracuse, NY 13244
>> (315) 443-3003 Voice
>> (315) 443-1621 Fax

Constituent
> Group discussion list can be found at
http://www.educause.edu/groups/.

John J. Brassil | Network Engineer, Vanderbilt Data/Video Engineering
voice 615.322.2496 | ICQ 9660375