At 03:29 PM 6/30/2005, you wrote:
Talk to your Cisco engineers about per AP card support. It comes back to the number of roams per second and the amount of resources those roams consume (ex: if you are doing LEAP/PEAP/etc, it will consume more resources to roam than if you are running open). We run ours open at present (web redirect authentication), and would be comfortable with 1,000 APs on a single card based on our discussions and experiments. We have deployed ~1,200 APs across two cards in different chassis-- and life is better. Roaming is not supported between cards, chassis, or mobility groups on a card.

The Airspace acquisition will of course change everything.

-William
**

Well this is good to hear. We were planning on possible using PEAP with possibly 600 AP by next year.

Thanks for the info

We like the Airspace solution but do not want to have to run 2 different solutions at one time. I think in the future the Cisco 1200 AP's will be able to be migrated.

Chris

Chris Hart
(847) 467-7747
IT-TNS