We are using 802.1x PEAP authentication for our Macintosh clients.  It works in
10.3 and 10.4 pretty well.  We have succesfully used it in earlier versions but
it is trickier.  We have also used TLS but the digital certs can be tricky.
Self-signed certs can also be tricky.

We have often seen issues with OS X, 10.everything, with PPTP VPN.  It often
works perfectly fine in one minor rev, then not in the next, and so on.

Mike

-
Michael G. Ruiz, ESSE ACP A+
Network and Systems Engineer
Hobart and William Smith Colleges
Information Technology Services

P.315-781-3711  F.315-781-3409
Team Leader: Derek Lustig ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

Did you know that HWS Students, Faculty, Staff, Alums, etc
can purchase computers, accessories, electronics and software
at a discount through our partner CDW-G?
http://www.cdwg.com/hws/
-