Rick:

Is this on all channels?  Perhaps you can move to another channel on these noisier areas?

Frank

From: Rick Brown [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 12:34 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Questions about wireless design in hospital environments

Hello everyone!

I'm in the process of designing wireless coverage for our
College of Veterinary Medicine.  We're designing for
VoWLAN using Cisco's recommendation of -67dbm cells(-77 with a 10db buffer)
with a 25dbm SNR or better.  However I've noticed that
certain areas of the hospital generate a tremendous amount
of noise.  I've seen the noise level peak at -72dbm.

Eliminating 2.4GHz phones is not a problem.  However, eliminating
medical equipment generating noise isn't an option.

I was hoping that someone on this listserv may have experience
in a hospital environment and could offer some tips on how they
handled problem areas.

Thanks to everyone in advance!

Rick

--

Richard E.(Rick) Brown		(919) 515-5489 office
Network Systems Engineer	(919) 515-1641 fax

********** Participation and subscription information for this EDUCAUSE Constituent Group discussion list can be found at http://www.educause.edu/groups/. ********** Participation and subscription information for this EDUCAUSE Constituent Group discussion list can be found at http://www.educause.edu/groups/.