I agree with the cognio and also recommend the yellowjacket from Berkley Veritronics (http://www.bvsystems.com/Products/WLAN/Yellowjacket/yellowjacket.htm).

However you may be able to find the problem with less expensive means. As Dwight pointed out often the cause of such interference is something like a microwave or maybe a cordless phone or camera. The latter two tend to be frequency hopping and often result in decreased throughput rather than killing connections.

Is there a pattern to the drops? After the drops are the users able to get right back on?

Another possibility is that someone is actively disassociating the users from the AP. There are a number of tools that can do this. A packet sniffer and debugs on the AP may help you understand what is happening.

David

David Morton
Director, ITI Security Solutions
University of Washington