In case anyone else has been hit.

A few months back, we had a network event with all the systems of a broadcast
storm that impacted our entire environment of 1130, 1200, and even 350 IOS
access points running 12.3(8)JA and other versions of code. At the time of
occurance, hundreds of APs themselves were beating each other up, with no
clients on at 2:30 AM during Spring Break...

Cisco has just released CSCsd77228 (abbreviated for this posting):

CSCsd77228
Externally found moderate defect: Verified (V)
IGMP flood when IGMP snooping enabled.

This bug affects bridges and APs running IOS 12.3(8)JA.  It will be
fixed in our next release, 12.3(8)JEA, due out this summer.

The problem can be avoided by disabling the IGMP snooping feature on the AP.
IGMP snooping can be disabed as follows:

ap(config)# no ip igmp snooping

<B>Further Problem Description:</B>

Not all IGMP events will trigger the problem.  Details as to exactly
which types of IGMP events will trigger the problem are still being
investigated.

Hopefully this can either save some of you some grief, or explain what's going
on if it happens to you.

regards-

Lee Badman