The frustrating part is that this detail is available in WLSE in Cisco's
autonomous line- why the LWAPP system would leave these details out is a
bit bewildering. (This is not an invitation for Airwave to call me.)
Hopefully we see improvements in this area from Cisco very, very soon.

Lee

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 11/29/2006 2:06 PM >>>
Attached is an example of how we are graphing.  This graph is one of
five on a
page showing the number of users using each of our WLANs.  This page
allows us
to select whatever time interval we want graphed (the attached graph is
for a 24
hour period).  Future plans are to graph the number of users on each
radio on
all of our 550+ APs.  We will add to these as we need new information.

As far as the data we are harvesting from the controllers, we are
gathering
information on the controllers, APs, radios, WLANs, and Rogue APs.  We
have
several search and report pages that use the information from the
database.

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, David Wang @ UoG CCS wrote:

> Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 13:52:24 -0500
> From: "David Wang @ UoG CCS" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
> Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Cisco WCS statistics
>
> Thanks Todd, I am interested with what kind of graphing you have now.
Do you mind share some screenshots or demo?

>  David Wang, Networking Services,CCS
> www.uoguelph.ca 519-824-4120 x52046
>

> Todd M. Hall wrote:
>
>  WCS does not provide very customizable statistics.  We have found
that the best
> way to get what we want is to write it ourselves.  We get our data
directly from
> the controllers via snmp.  We store some of the information in a
mysql database
> for reports and the rest of the data is stored in rrd files for
graphing.  We
> still have lots to do, but we are making progress.  The snmp mibs
are
> downloadable from Cisco's website.
>
> On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, David Wang @ UoG CCS wrote:
>

>  Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 09:43:22 -0500