From: Lee Badman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 8:31 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] 802.11n thoughts?

Looking forward, wondering how (and if) members of this group are
contemplating the impact of 802.11n on your WLANs? I would wager many of
us have rogue pre-standard 802.11n hardware on campus now. Also, I have
heard some vendors poo-poo .11n as a non-starter for the enterprise, and
others promising support as soon as it is a ratified standard. Then
there's worries if even a fast ethernet cable is robust enough for the
promised throughputs of 802.11n... a lot to the discussion, obviously,
and since it's still in draft it's easy to not think about. But those
who are pondering, I'd be curious to hear thoughts and opinions.

Regards-

Lee Badman