On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 8:13 AM, Barber, Matt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I contacted Nintendo about it and they said I may be correct, but said they
> didn't understand why I would want to turn those data rates off.

This from a company that, and I quote, said "The reason the Nintendo
DS is compatible with WEP, and not WPA, is that we found WEP to be the
most prevalent standard for securing wi-fi connections."

I'm sure they have a very good understanding of wireless protocols,
they must be right.

quote taken from
http://missig.org/julian/blog/2005/11/16/nintendo-ds-supporting-wpa/
since the nintendo support forum was replaced, and that gem of
knowledge will probably not be repeated by anyone from Nintendo
corporate again.