Don,

I did some testing of four client interfaces in the spring when we had
identified this issue (I've been meaning to post about this for a
while, but spare time has been hard to come by), and collected the
test results in a spreadsheet.

The two bga interfaces were not able to associate with UNII-2e
channels. Of the two bgan interfaces, one worked with UNII-2e channels
and the other did not.

To make the test info available I have created a Google spreadsheet
which can be found at:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pvI5m65uYyGaZlGrZV7fxFA

One of my goals is to make it possible for others to add their test
data to the Google spreadsheet, so that everyone can benefit from the
info collected on the channel support levels for 5 GHz clients

It looks like Google has an automatic form creator to help automate
the process of collecting data in a spreadsheet, so I will try sending
that form to the wireless-lan list and see what happens.

-Charles

Charles E. Spurgeon / UTnet
UT Austin ITS / Networking
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / 512.475.9265