Five controllers (4404) and about 300 APs.

Jeff

>>> Lee H Badman <lhbad...@syr.edu> 12/19/2008 7:38 AM >>>
Jeff- how big is your environment?

Thanks-

Lee

Lee H. Badman
Wireless/Network Engineer
Information Technology and Services
Syracuse University
315 443-3003

-----Original Message-----
From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:wireless-...@listserv.educause.edu] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Sessler
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 10:33 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] WCS- virtualized?

I've been running WCS in ESX for six months now. No issues to report,
and performance is excellent.

Jeff

>>> Lee H Badman <lhbad...@syr.edu> 12/19/08 3:53 AM >>>
I am experimenting with WCS in an ESX virtual environment. So far, this
is very promising, and I see no degradation in server performance, and
have been able to do code upgrades, etc. in the virtual world. Before I
commit to making the actual switch of our WCS to the virtual world-
supporting 2000 APs and 12 WiSM/24 controllers- wondering if anyone has
already gone down this road for production WCS use. Any success or
horror stories?