Thanks Diana, we'll give that a try.

I had found a controller setting that seems to have made the problem occur much less often, though I'm not willing to say it "fixed" it. For whatever reason, our controllers had "802.11a 11nSupport a-mpdu tx priority 0 disable" in their configuration, and reversing this with "enable" made our 5100 problem far more difficult to reproduce.
Brady Alleman

Diana Cortes wrote:
Hello Brady,

I don't know if you ever received an answer but the Intel 5100 chipset seemed to have issues with several wireless vendors. Intel recently (January 5th --- I believe) released new drivers for this chipset that should resolve these issues.

Hope this helps...

Diana Cortes, CISSP, CWNA
*University of Miami*
*IT - Telecommunications*