We use PEAP v0 MSCHAPv2. The issues with passwords being cached is not a
function of RADIUS. As far as I know, this is still an issue with SP2.

Hector

From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:wireless-...@listserv.educause.edu] On Behalf Of Mike King
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 1:54 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] XP SP3 and cached credentials...

Hector,

I've had that functionality working since SP2.  Are you sure that your
RADIUS server hasn't changed since the last time you tested this?

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 9:46 AM, Hector J Rios <hr...@lsu.edu> wrote:

I don't know if anybody has brought up this issue before, but for those
of you out there that are using PEAP authentication on wireless, do you
know that Windows SP3 does not cache the PEAP credentials anymore? Or at
least, when you change your password the supplicant  will now prompt you
to enter your new credentials if the cached ones fail. I was pleasantly
surprised to see this. I just wanted to check with you guys and make
sure this has worked for everyone and there haven't been any issues.

Thanks

Hector Rios
LSU Information Technology Services