From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:wireless-...@listserv.educause.edu] On Behalf Of Hector J Rios
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2009 12:14 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Cisco LWAPP- The change from WLAN Override to AP
Groups- Pain?

Lee,

We are using it and we like it. We are running 5.2.130 in WCS and 5.2.178 in
our controllers.

If you are going to have several WLANs going to different APs, you have to
create multiple groups and move all your APs into their appropriate groups. AP
groups come with a default group that contains all the WLANs and all APs belong
to that group unless you change it. So I highly recommend that you move all
your APs off of the default group. You can create and push all your groups
through WCS. On gotcha that we have found is that when you move an AP into a AP
group, if you use WCS, it will restart the AP, if you use a controller, it
doesn't. Don't know why.

Thanks,

Hector Rios
Louisiana State University