From: Jamie Savage [mailto:jsav...@yorku.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 3:37 PM
Subject: Re: separating 'types' of users

Thanks to all who responded.....food for thought.

One area that I was looking for a comment on (and no one did which is an answer
in it's self).  I was wondering if anyone segregates users types in the RF.
eg....keep students in the 2.4 and admin in 5.0 or with channel overlays (with
virtual cell or multiple APs with micro-cell) with a particular channel for
admin only and students on another....things like that.

I assume by the lack of commentary on this type of thing, that we're not
concerned about one group impacting the other when using multiple SSIDs on the
same radio.   Presumably, 11n speeds make this a non issue?

James Savage                                   York University
Senior Communications Tech.       108 Steacie Building
jsav...@yorku.ca                            4700 Keele Street
ph: 416-736-2100 ext. 22605            Toronto, Ontario
fax: 416-736-5830                                M3J 1P3, CANADA **********