Lee H Badman wrote:
> What is missing is a mechanism to “flag” a MAC address to alert on a
> client device if it pops back up on the network so there may be an
> opportunity to react.

We have a somewhat crude but effective approach.

We already use What's Up Gold to monitor servers and such. We've
pre-populated WUG with three sets of IP addresses that will page me when
they come up. Then we make DHCP assignments for the MAC addresses of
stolen laptops to assign them one of those IPs. Not the cleanest system,
but it has allowed us to recover a few items that hadn't gone directly
to eBay...

--
Celebrating the 150th anniversary of the publication of the Origin of
Species.

   www.calfrye.com,  www.pitalabs.com

"Education is not the filling of a pail but the lighting of a fire."
--William Butler Yeats.