From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:wireless-...@listserv.educause.edu] On Behalf Of David Blahut
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 1:25 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Encryption and Authentication

Greetings,

We are beginning to deploy encrypted wireless and I am looking for some
words of wisdom.  Mainly what method you used and what reasons as to why
you chose said method or any reason you wish you had not.

We have looked at many of the different flavors of EAP but are unsure of
any clear advantage of one over the other.

We are a Cisco LWAPP shop with Cisco ACS playing the role of RADIUS with
open LDAP in the back-end.

Any advice would be helpful; any thing to look out for, any gotchas, any
show stoppers, and any success stories.

Thanks,
David