From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[wireless-...@listserv.educause.edu] On Behalf Of Maurice Volaski
[maurice.vola...@einstein.yu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2010 7:37 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Are we the only ones with logon issues and complexity?

I'm speaking on behalf of our users. At our institution, we are using a typical
architecture for wireless with two SSIDs, one for internal use and the other,
in addition to guest access, is required for users to bootstrap their initial
802.1x PEAP/TTLS logon. In addition, we also have SafeConnect.
Many of our users have trouble with this arrangement. They find that login is a
chore and that it sometimes doesn't work. For example, we have had many
problems with SafeConnect not working right. As a result, some users avoid the
internal network and just use the guest network.

Anyway, I'm wondering if you have ever experienced issues with your users being
confused over having two SSIDs, dealing with a broken SafeConnect or a
multi-level authentication mechanism and how you've dealt with it.

--

Maurice Volaski, maurice.vola...@einstein.yu.edu