Rick,

Where does this stop?
If one vendor solicits a honest opinion on the list, all vendors could.
A slippery slope that could potentially destroy the original intent of the list
(not mentioning the undesirable SPAM).
The original purpose of the list is to share knowledge between educational
institutions about WLANs.
Educause accepts commercial lurkers and neutral technology contributions from
vendors.
So far it has served both communities fairly well.

A lot of subscribers to this list do not even want commercial entities lurking.
We have been able to maintain a decent equilibrium for almost 10 years:
Nov 13, 2000 is when the list was moved from University of Tennessee to Educause
http://listserv.educause.edu/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A1=ind0011&L=WIRELESS-LAN

Regards,

Philippe Hanset