Agreed, most are one-time communications but every once and awhile there will
be repeated additions to their spam lists which require some further
remediation.

~Patrick

From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[wireless-...@listserv.educause.edu] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Sessler
[j...@scrippscollege.edu]
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2010 6:26 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] List Guidelines reminder

What I'm tired of is being "subscribed" to vendor communications shortly after
I post here. I'll unsubscribe, and then after a new post/reply, I'm suddenly
added to their marketing lists again. It tells me that while vendors may not be
posting here, they are mining the lists for email contacts.

Jeff

>>> Peter P Morrissey  08/12/10 9:57 AM >>>
Thank you Philippe!
I'm surprised we even let vendors on the list.
Have we ever considered limiting it to .edu's?
Pete M.