Hello All,

We are a Cisco CAPWAP shop and recently switched from non-encrypted web
portal authenticated wireless to WPA2/802.1X/AES encrypted wireless with
RADIUS and LDAP in the back end.  I have received several help desk
tickets with reports along the lines that "now that we are using the
encrypted wireless the signal is weaker or unusable".

Anyone else experience this phenomenon?  I can't believe it's the wireless
network, same radios after all.  I could see the client interpreting the
signal level differently or the client associating to a more distant
access point because the closer one is more heavily taxed due to the
encryption.  I could even see that the encrypted wireless is more
sensitive to RF interference.

Anyway, any thoughts or ideas are welcomed.

Thanks,

David