From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:wireless-...@listserv.educause.edu] On Behalf Of Nathan Hay
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 9:24 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Providing wireless on a tour bus

Has anyone installed a wireless system on a tour bus that is traveling cross
country?  Our athletics department would like to outfit their bus for long
trips to games.

My first thought was to get enough mobile hotspots (perhaps from various
vendors) to cover the number of users at 5 users each (the typical limit).  I
could also try a 4G USB modem bridged across a small PC to share that link.
For best signal, I imagine that an antenna on the roof would be best.

Has anyone done this before?

Thanks,

Nathan

Nathan P. Hay