I'm not at the campus that I hung Cisco 1505's on poles anymore, but I drive
by it everyday, and they are still there.

We were an early beta for the Airespace 1300's (Now Cisco 1505's), but the
mounting hardware doesn't change much.

There was a large aluminum bracket that mounted on the pole arm,
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1500/mounting/installation/guide/1500plmt.html
and a power tap that you took the light sensor off the street light, put
this on, and put the light sensor back in.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1520/mounting/installation/guide/1520mountInst.html#wp40708

We signed a non-metered agreement with the power company that we paid a set
charge per month per pole.  They restricted us to poles that only had a
light arm, and wires that crossed the pole.   If the pole had a transformer,
had wires that branched (say at an intersection), or if they didn't like the
pole selection, we were barred from using the pole.

We had to replace the pole arms on two lights, because they were of an older
type, and the power company didn't think it would support the additional
weight.

Finally, when we did the installation, we were required to have an
electrician that was certified to work in the high voltage space actually do
the install.  Our state also requires a policy detail (minimum of 4 hours)
for any work that occurs in a public way.

We originally mounted in 2005, and I think we had to replace them in
2006-2007 with the actual 1505 model's because the 1300 were non-standard
(Each was custom built beta units) and could not run later versions of the
code.

They originally went up to support Bus Location Tracking (paid via a
transportation grant, IT didn't get the grant, we just provided the network
coverage).  I know just before I left, the Bus tracking had gone to the
wayside (Easier, better ways to do it) but we were pushing College ID Debit
card readers over IP out to local businesses.

I know they still use them, and when I managed them, they didn't really have
any problems that a better design would not have corrected.  (We were beta,
so site survey's, plus limited pole selection in the downtown area made
things a little dicey on one of the links)

Mounting on the poles is not usually the hard part.  It's getting permission
to be on the pole that is difficult.

Mike