We keep our APs on separate vlan/ip space and users on subnets that are
"wireless traffic" only.
If there are issues with a particular user I know from ip address right away if
they are wired or wireless.
Plus having the wired and wireless users share the same IP space allows them to
"poke around" and cause havoc on each other.

Many of our wired user vlans are behind firewalls and VRFs which can be
troublesome to troubleshoot if APs are down of can't tunnel back to the
controller and since I don't have access to the firewalls (diff team) I'd
rather not have to traverse them.

Ken Connell
Intermediate Network Engineer
Computer & Communication Services