All,

Our library signs out XP laptops for student use. These laptops are set for
"authenticate as computer when computer information is available" and should
reauthenticate with the user's credentials once they log into the machine.
However, we've had frequent complaints that AD is not reachable over wireless,
rendering the laptop unusable (it's a loaned laptop that has not been used
previously by the user and thus does not have any cached credentials). If the
machine is shelved for 10 minutes or so and rebooted, it seems to clear the
problem. Our library is a very dense and challenging area to cover with
wireless, and while there is adequate area coverage, there are density issues
that are no doubt present.

That being said, I'm not convinced that this is entirely a wireless problem,
but more a Windows/AD problem with a wireless component to it.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of situation and could offer
some advice?

Regards,
Craig

Craig Simons