From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Fleming, Tony
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2011 11:00 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Guest portal vendor recommendations

Crew,
I would like to know what guest portal solutions being used today. I realize
that most wireless controllers provide a simplified guest portal mechanism.
However, we are interested portals that provide advanced functionality.
Our basic criteria:
                Simple setup
Easy portal customization (no HTML guru needed to setup and deploy)
Easy deployment (something that doesn't take a network architectural overhaul)
                Good logging (post abuse forensics)
                Ability to use the portal in a wireless and wired environment
                Username/password credentials
                MAC address credentials
                Other credential mechanisms
                                                Advanced account creation
(self-services with SMS validation would be a great solution)
                Bulk account creation (import of a csv)
High availability hardware configuration
Equipment and software stability

Are any of you using solutions that have similar capabilities as I describe
above and happy with it?