We could agree with Harry's assessment.

We are just completing our implementation of Ruckus on our campus.  We are also
converting from Cisco.

We are very happy with every aspect of the equipment.  One example is in our
Science building.  We replaced 14 Cisco 1242 APs with 10 Ruckus 7962 APs.
Besides being 1/2-2/3 the price the coverage is amazing.  We're seeing probably
a 20-30% increase in coverage and have eliminated all our dead spots.

We did a pretty intense comparison before choosing Ruckus and determined that
the performance & value were by far the best.  Lot's of cool features and so
far very reliable.

Definitely worth a look.

Tim Gross
Northwest Nazarene University
Network Systems Administrator
(208) 467-8959>>> Harry Rauch <rauc...@eckerd.edu> 8/16/2011 10:12 AM >>>
We have almost completely converted to Ruckus from Cisco and Extreme.

We have had very little need for support; the things just work. We have reduced
our AP numbers by over 30% with better coverage. Once installed in a dorm
setting we have never had to go back other than one device that drowned from a
leaking air-conditioner pan. Our dealer replaced the device at no cost even
though water damage of this nature is not covered.

The indoor models and outdoor function well and deliver outstanding data, video
and VoIP. We are also using the wireless point-to-point bridge at a distance of
500 yards with throughput at 250MB. We have the p2p pair on portable stands;
one had blown over during a very bad storm but was able to keep connectivity
when hanging upside down with the main dome facing a wall 180 degrees away from
it's partner. We didn't realize the issue for several days since it never went
down.

We use a Zone Director 1000 to establish a mesh group and to keep track of
rogue devices. I would like a 3000 but we don't have that in our budget lines
at the moment. We have over 100 APs throughout the campus.

We have had them almost 2 years with no issues. Client problems have not been
an issue.

Amazing devices.

Harry Rauch Sr. Network Analyst Eckerd College 4200 - 54th Ave S St.
Petersburg, FL 33711