Upgrade Path:
We upgraded from 4.X to 7.0.116.

TX power:
As you all mentioned, I went from having 98% of all APs running at power level
1 before the upgrade to just 55.5% of our b/g and 90% of our a after the
upgrade.  (We are running a mix of b/g, n, and a.)   I also looked at the APs
in the areas of the reported connectivity and performance issues and they are
all using 1131s with TX power of 1.  But, I did notice that the channels
changing over the course of a week.  This is an anomaly  in our environment.

As planned this summer, I will continue to rollout new APs in these areas.

As a tangent,  I was hoping to contain a b-only clients in a separate SSID or
VLAN.  How do  others deal with B clients?  I did a report and found that we
have at least five b-connections a week.  In our environment, that is small but
not statistically insignificant.

Thank you everyone.

Christina Klam
Network Administrator
Institute for Advanced Study
Email:  ck...@ias.edu

Einstein Drive          Telephone: 609-734-8154
Princeton, NJ 08540     Fax:  609-951-4418