From: Scott Powell <spow...@wittenberg.edu>
Sender: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
 <WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 15:03:34
To: <WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU>
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] KeyNote Remote on Cisco LWAPP

I have a professor trying to use their iPod to remotely control their iPad in
the classroom.  It works fine on a test Netgear wireless router I have for
testing.  However it does not work on any of the WLANs I have configured for
campus use.  Doing a little research, it appears that this application requires
multicast to be enabled?  I currently do not have multicast enabled.  Does
anyone have experience with this?  Any solutions that don't require enabling
multicast?

Thank you.

Scott Powell
Director, IT Infrastructure & Support