Jason,

If you are terminating EAP on the Aruba controller, I believe you are correct.
If you terminate EAP on the RADIUS server, you can use 2048 bit certs with the
Aruba controller. That's what we are currently doing with 3.4.x.

For a Microsoft NPS server with a Microsoft CA, you need to use the RAS and IAS
Server Template on the CA for the PEAP certificate.  We have our own CA that is
trusted by OnmiRoot to issue certificates for our domain. See
http://www.verizonbusiness.com/Products/security/identity/omniroot/ for more
information.

In my experience, the Domain controllers template works too. We have configures
our NPS servers as Read-only Domain Controllers to was the DC load of RADIUS.
Each NPS Server is in its own AD site so AD clients do not use them as domain
controllers.

Bruce Osborne
Wireless Network Engineer
IT Network Services

(434) 592-4229

LIBERTY UNIVERSITY
40 Years of Training Champions for Christ: 1971-2011