From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] on behalf of Randall C Grimshaw
[rgrim...@syr.edu]
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2011 12:40 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Authentication methods

Bob:

  I have built or helped implement a few systems over the years... what I am
lately pondering as the direction of choice is a system based on 802.1x user
based authentication AND MACaddress based vlan steering. 802.1x PEAP MSCHAPv2
WPA2 will use Radius that backends to your domain servers. The machines do not
need to be in the domain, just the user accounts. Call it a quarantine vlan but
this would be the way messages could inform the user that they are in curfew or
whatever. How the list of MACaddress get into your Radius Server to drive vlan
policy is the trick here. Anyone have experience with this?

Randall Grimshaw rgrim...@syr.edu<mailto:rgrim...@syr.edu>