I think the usage of wide channels requires a thoughtful look at the needs of the users in the environment. If the users need the higher bandwidth and/or you can space the channel coverage out so as to not cause co-channel interference then their shouldn't be an issue. If bandwidth isn't a concern and/or the environment has a lot of overlap then wider channels may not be needed. I can't really comment on the DFS as I'm not sure how 802.11n handles it.

My question is, are these high speeds really necessary? I don't watch very closely, but I've never seen a wired user consume a high percentage bandwidth. I'm looking at pushing for some wireless upgrades in the coming years, but I myself can't really see a good reason to wait for the new HT technologies.

--
*Heath Barnhart, CCNA*
Network Administrator