I would be interested in any research into mobile device IP address consumption
folks could point us towards.  We see curious address consumption behavior by
mobile devices, but have not done the testing to determine if it is the
device's OS consuming all the addresses (iOS is our campus' dominant mobile OS)
or an artifact of our DHCP/802.1x/Controller configurations.

We've seen a 12% device increase since the break (from 25K to 28K simultaneous
connections), not as large an increase as reported by others.

--
William C. Green                              e-mail:
gr...@austin.utexas.edu<mailto:gr...@austin.utexas.edu>