Mike,

For wireless, we use "release based printing".
No one knows where you are better than you ;-)
You can send a print job from anywhere you want. It goes to a print queue.
(the print queue has also the advantage to do accounting/person)
To release the print job at the right location, you have to authenticate to the
printer on site (small workstation attached to the printer). There are also
commercial solutions for this like: WEPA. https://www.wepanow.com/

This doesn't work for private printers of course, only for institution based
printers.

Philippe

Philippe Hanset
Univ. of TN, Knoxville