I'm researching policies regarding the governance of radio frequency control at
other institutions?  This seems to pop up annually here where a department goes
for a convenient/cheap installation of a product, which inevitably means the
device - weather station, score board, energy management - is 2.4GHz.  And we
tend to learn about it AFTER it is purchased and installed.

What I'm trying to find are institutional policies regarding who
governs/identifies/recommends/etc wireless devices, whether 802.11 or not.  I
would like to present this to my management with the hopes of heading off
"wireless" surprises.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Helman |  Director, ITS/Networking Services | *: 978.542.7272

Salem State University, 352 Lafayette St., Salem Massachusetts 01970

GPS: 42.502129, -70.894779