Well then... spread the word, brother! We're live until  August 10th for
signatures.

-Lee

From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Robert Mathews (OSIA)
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 1:41 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Apple petition- update

On 8/1/2012 11:55 AM, Lee H Badman wrote:

Dr. Mathews,

My own take is that anyone in IT that is feeling the pain will immediately
recognize what our group is trying to accomplish and is welcome to add their
comments and signature.

Good afternoon, Lee:

Thank you, for your note.  I follow your sentiment wholeheartedly.

I personally would rather not have to sell it or explain it just get a bigger
base.

Here, I suggest NO selling of any kind.  I simply wish to point to your
aforementioned sentiment, as a way of reflecting upon this statement.   I am
JUST NOT aware that the "word" related to this petition, is as common as one
may be inclined to note as being.    Therefore, I was simply suggesting on
getting the "word" out, as it were.

I do wish to offer the following thought, simply to means to ponder
processes....   I should simply say: with a market capitalization in excess of
US$550 billion, Apple is one of the world's largest corporations.  As such, if
the goal is to initiate a "behavior change," or atleast to have them strongly
contemplate a change, then, a request for such a change - must be presented
reasonably, and in a proportionately weighted fashion.

Colleges and universities probably feel it more than anyone, but Apple
themselves makes a case for AppleTV in the boardroom and BYOD is sweeping over
the landscape, so I would expect that a minority of corporate IT types and
integrators/contracted IT folks also "get it".

Thanks-

Lee Badman

Indeed....  as I was suggesting to Peter just before, I simply assess this as a
case where technical people could unite and stand together, while getting the
"word," out to those who are likely concerned about the issue;  however, are
equally likely to be unaware of the efforts behind this petition.

All my very best.