From: Christopher Wieringa [mailto:cwier...@calvin.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 8:56 AM
Subject: Re: MS-CHAPv2 cracks for WPA2-Enterprise?

It is possibly to do WPA2-Enterprise with only EAP-MSCHAPv2 authentication, and
this is what would be considered completely vulnerable now.  Don't do this
anymore if you are doing it.

AFAIK, if you are using WPA2-Enterprise with PEAP/EAP-MSCHAPv2 you should still
be fine.  While you could break the EAP-MSCHAPv2 authentication, you can only
do it if you can decrypt the PEAP tunnel.  The PEAP tunnel is a TLS tunnel; so
it is important to make sure wireless clients specify which certificate
authorities they trust for the PEAP tunnel and verify the presented server's
certificate.  At that point you can be reasonably sure that your traffic is not
being intercepted and decrypted with a fake certificate and that your
EAP-MSCHAPv2 conversation has not been intercepted.

Chris Wieringa

cwier...@calvin.edu
Sr. Systems Engineer
Calvin Information Technology