So if you have a dense deployment of AP's, then leaving the lower rates enabled
should not present an issue - at least I've not seen one. Additionally, as my
campus is 75% Macintosh, they tend to connect at 5GHz, so I don't mind having
the lower rates enabled in 2.4GHz to help out all the gaming devices and such.

Jeff

>>> On Thursday, September 27, 2012 at 5:54 AM, in message
>>> <pine.osx.4.64.1209270744420....@thall.its.msstate.edu>, "Todd M. Hall"
>>> <t...@msstate.edu> wrote:

This has been discussed in the past, but it has been a long time.

We're at the point that we have to turn off the lower connection rates on our
campus.  I'm curious what other schools have done and the positive/negative
results from the changes.  We have disabled 1, 2, 5.5, and 11 Mbps in some of
our buildings with great success, but some might argue to just eliminate 1 & 2
Mbps rates.  Also, I'd be interested to hear from schools that have not
disabled
these rates and why not.

--
Todd M. Hall