Seeing lots of upgraded Win 8 machines that fail on 802.1x with stock Win 8
driver, need to roll back to Win 7 driver or go to Intel, Broadcom, etc for a
driver that works.

________________________________
From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] on behalf of Bryan Cassell
[bcass...@salemstate.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:30 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Xpressconnect and Windows 8

We started using XpressConnect this year and haven’t had any issues with
Windows 8 Costumer Preview. It was actually the test bed I used to configure
XpressConnect.  I also  just tested a PC on our domain with Xpressconnect and
it seemed to work just fine.  As for the drivers I am unaware of any issues.  I
used a generic usb wireless adapter (on a Windows 8 VM and Desktop on the
domain )and didn’t install any drivers as Windows found something acceptable I
wouldn’t call this a complete test as it’s not the final edition but would be
interested to know what issues are you seeing?

-Bryan Cassell
Bryan Cassell  | Network Technician, ITS/Networking Services | •: 978.542.2127

Salem State University, 70 Loring Ave., Salem Massachusetts 01970