I left out a couple factors... I don't know if the printers are
printing wirelessly, or that students even intend them to. They just
show up with wireless enabled, and whatever education we've done on
the subject doesn't seem to help.

Sometimes we'll find a printer and the person has a USB cable. "Nope,
I'm not using wireless on my printer, just the USB." But they don't
realize the wireless is on.

We don't intend for them to work, at any rate. We prohibit it, but
going door to door hasn't worked completely. Word gets around the
dorms, and students hide their printers :)

Tom O'Donnell
Senior Manager of Network and Server Systems
Information Technology Services
University of Maine at Farmington
(207) 778-7336